Digital Accessibility Basics
Any digital content your company distributes, either internally or externally, needs to be accessible. Luckily, more and more vendors are paying attention to accessibility, and most provide good resources for learning how to create accessible content using their products. Although the following list is by no means exhaustive, resources for many popular workplace products appear below.
- Factsheet: Accessibility Principles for Website Images
- Blog: Making Sure Alternative Text isn’t an Afterthought
- Webinar Recording: Implementing Accessible Workplace Tech: Website Images
- Factsheet: PDF Accessibility Principles
- Blog: Is PDF an Accessible Format?
- Webinar Recording: Implementing Accessible Workplace Tech: PDF Accessibility
- Factsheet: Video Accessibility Principles
- Blog: Accessible Videos Are Your Friend
- Webinar Recording: Implementing Accessible Workplace Tech: Videos and Accessibility
With today’s CMS, adding website content is easier than ever. However, this also means that a wide range of people may be involved in uploading and editing your website content. While the average employee doesn’t need to know the nuts and bolts of web accessibility, you’ll want to ensure that anyone involved with the website understands how to upload accessible content (for example, by adding alternative text to an image so that people using screenreaders understand the meaning it conveys).