Current Search Filters
Your search for the items(s) listed below returned 2 results.
- (-) Remove Technology User filter Technology User
- (-) Remove 2019 filter 2019
- (-) Remove Team & leadership filter Team & leadership
- (-) Remove Developing Accessible Tech filter Developing Accessible Tech
- (-) Remove Article filter Article
- (-) Remove Staff training & awareness filter Staff training & awareness
One of the great promises of technology is that it can, and should, open the doors for people with disabilities to participate in the workplace by eliminating barriers. But when Deque web accessibility consultant and strategist Denis Boudreau investigated the basic accessibility of five top job hunting sites, the results were grim.
Online hiring practices have made it increasingly easy to apply for a job—unless you’re a person with a disability, that is. Senior Web Accessibility Consultant Denis Boudreau explores the problem of why the employment rate of Americans with disabilities has continued to drop for the last 25 years, and how web designers and developers hold a key to improving the situation.