Providing training for skills development
Learning and employee performance managers can implement AI training tools to help employees learn and practice skills they need to be successful on the job. For instance, AI training tools can simulate job tasks or use interactive roleplay to help employees understand unconscious bias and practice diversity inclusion skills.
Organizations should consider Equitable AI Principles when procuring and implementing AI training tools. Questions to ask include:
- Does the tool consider and support different ways of learning?
- Does the tool measure skills achievement in a way that would be unfair to employees with disabilities?
- If the purpose of the training is to gain unconscious bias or diversity inclusion skills, is disability included in addition to race, gender, sexuality, age and other factors related to diversity?
- Has the training been designed and tested with a diverse set of users?
Providing development and career path advice
Employee performance managers can implement AI professional development tools to help employees determine pathways for development in their job and career. For example, AI professional development tools might collect information about employees’ completed training, performance assessments, development plans, participation, social relationships and other business activities. They can then analyze the employees’ potential paths to develop themselves both inside as well as outside the organization.
Organizations should consider Equitable AI Principles when procuring and implementing AI professional development tools. Questions to ask include:
- Does the tool analyze employee results and behaviors in a way that would be unfair to employees with disabilities?
- Has the professional development tool been designed and tested with a diverse set of users?