The Future of Work: Celebrating the Americans with Disabilities Act
In 2020, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) will turn 30. This landmark legislation opened the door of opportunity for people with disabilities to participate in all aspects of society, including employment.
But what will the next 30 years look like for people with disabilities? Emerging technologies are rapidly changing the world of work. These tools hold potential to help make every workplace an inclusive workplace. Artificial Intelligence is powering new platforms to screen job applicants, streamline the application process, and provide on-the-job training. Companies are using X-reality to replicate real-world scenarios to facilitate more effective employee onboarding and training. Telework options are expanding significantly, and autonomous vehicles promise to change the landscape of commuting.
Throughout 2020, PEAT will be exploring the role that technology can play in breaking down barriers to employment and ensuring accessibility, equality, and opportunity for all. Please join us!
Explore events, blog posts, and other activities taking place in honor of ADA30. Let us know what you or your organization are doing to celebrate the ADA Anniversary, and we’ll add you to the list! You can also tweet to @peatworks and use the hashtag #ADAnext30
Use our Social Media kit to join the #ADAnext30 conversation (coming soon)
Still thinking about how you can celebrate? #ADAnext30 is the perfect time to:
- Publish an accessibility policy and a public statement about how your company supports accessibility culture
- Take an hour to experience first-hand the impact of digital accessibility – and then blog or post about it
- Host an accessibility hackathon
- Host a staff training event on implementing accessibility
- Host panels and other events to spark conversation around the potential of technology for good
- Listen to the Future of Work podcast
- This podcast partnership between Workology.com and PEAT hosts conversations with a range of stakeholders exploring the ways that work is changing, and the promise and potential of emerging technology for people in the workplace
- Learn more about the ADA and Employment
- The Office of Disability Employment Policy has a wealth of resources related to the ADA
- ADA Anniversary Toolkit
- Find national resources and information related to the ADA Anniversary