Action Step 1: GET THE BASICS
Frequently Asked Questions:
Are you new to accessible technology and need a basic overview of why it matters in the workplace? Please start here:
- What does "accessibility" mean as it relates to technology?
- What is "information and communications technology" (ICT) and why is PEAT focusing on it?
- What standards/ guidelines determine whether a technology product or application is accessible?
- How does accessible technology relate to the employment of people with disabilities?
- How is accessible technology different from assistive technology (AT)?
- As an employer, what are my responsibilities related to accessible technology?
- Why should we care about the accessibility of the technology in our workplace?
- Are there any laws related to accessible technology that apply to employers?
- How can I ensure that the technology we buy is accessible?
- How can I find out if the current ICT in my workplace is accessible?